Monday, November 30, 2009

Fly Me Away




Hey readers, today is the 1-year anniversary of Accidental Mysteries. It started by simply trying to teach myself a bit more about social media... blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.? In one year I have made a lot of friends—and to each one of you who read my daily posts I thank you. Each day, I try to give you something as good or better than the day before. And, to that point, I never want to waste your time. When you click on AM, I want you to come away with something worthwhile—something that might make you smile, or say “wow.”

So, thanks folks! Stay tuned, be a follower, and let’s enjoy the fun.

--------------------

I LOVE THIS TV COMMERCIAL FOR AMAZON KINDLE.
It was directed by Angela Kohler and Ithyle Griffiths and stars Annie Little who also sang the song “Fly Me Away.” Simple, bright and fun, this is :30 seconds of pure design genius. The pacing, movement and homespun stop-action animated quality attaches itself perfectly to the song. It looks as if all of this was shot from above with the actress and objects laying on the floor.

And as much as I like this spot, I do have to ask myself how much brand recognition is there? I see the Kindle booklet at the beginning and then there is the tag/logo at the end. Is it enough? Does the money put into this spot payoff the brand? What do you think?

“Fly Me Away” is available on Amazon on Annie Little’s EP.

12 comments:

Albert said...

Wow!!! I love the commercial- it reminds me of Amelie.
John congrats you have one of the best blogs out there. You are always presenting an interesting and fresh perspective. MANY, MANY more years to come.....decades. Although, who knows the world could end in 2012. No I don't really believe that.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary. Each day I'm looking forward to your find of the day, so I just keep following.

Jan said...

Well it is short, and as you say genius design.
I got the message.
Congrats on your first year.
You do have a most interesting blog.
I'll be staying.

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday, you're brilliant!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Didn't think it had been a full year yet. So many great posts to start my day. Looking forward to your Sophomore year even more.

Dull Tool Dim Bulb said...

ONE YEAR. You've left a considerable digital footprint in a short time, my friend. Damn Good work. So since I started at the same time, how come you have five times as many followers?
PS...I liked the commercial too, and you know how I feel about commercials in general! Jim

nathalie et cetera said...

Happy anniversary! I visit Accidental mysteries everyday with delight.

Christopher Paquette said...

Happy Birthday AM !

Hannah Stephenson said...

Congratulations! How wonderful. I always love your posts and images...they show me the great wide weirdness of the world.

You should be proud :).

Larry the Artist said...

This commercial reminds me of the Peter Gabriel video from the 80s, Big Time.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Cameron Adams said...

Happy first anniversary nd thanks for all you have done to enlighten us. Cute video sells the sizzle, as they used to say. All the current trends are present: steampunk, a city bike, the false moustache. Their effect is to animate and to personalize a rather cold piece of hardware for the 'early adaptors'.

male said...

one year, nice work
we watch from downunder
we have never received a reply
no worries,
mal E ( Bh
http://viewersite.wordpress.com/category/blogroll/

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...